DUNGEONFOG is developing editor tools for drawing and visualizing RPG tabletop maps.
We're looking for software engineers with experience developing interactive, real-time graphical applications. We're especially interested in those with software development experience related to games, CAD, scientific visualization, animation, GIS data models, entertainment, and other graphics/visualization tools & frameworks working with technologies like OpenGL on desktop or mobile platforms.
This role requires working directly with our graphics artists, proactively developing visualization frameworks and solutions, and dynamically brainstorming and building proofs-of-concept and experimental tools. As such, both deep technical knowledge and strong communication skills are critical.
DUNGEONFOG is based in Vienna, Austria. Telework is possible and international applications are welcome (see below).
- 2D/3D graphics development
- Experience with OpenGL
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and/or German
- A deep sense of collaboration using online tools
- Managing code versioning using git
- 2+ years with OpenGL and experience with C++ or Rust
- Experience with OpenGL ES 3
- Experience with asynchronous programming and progressive rendering
- Strong background in linear algebra and/or color theory
- Experience shipping commercial software products
- Experience with tabletop roleplaying games and, or game-mastering or worldbuilding
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent experience. DUNGEONFOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. DUNGEONFOG will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Offered as: Employment (Austria / EU)* or contracted work (International), starting October 2019
*Non-EU citizens need to have a work- and residence permit according to EU and Austrian law. This position is subject to the Austrian collective agreement for employees in the field of services in automatic data processing and information technology. The monthly salary for the ordinary level is 3.485,-- € , for the experience level is 4.114,-- € and will be paid 14 times p.a., according to the IT collective agreement 2019. A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills.