DUNGEONFOG is developing editor tools for drawing and visualizing RPG tabletop maps.
We're looking for software engineers with experience developing interactive, real-time graphical applications. We're especially interested in those with software development experience related to games, CAD, scientific visualization, animation, GIS data models, entertainment, and other graphics/visualization tools & frameworks working with technologies like OpenGL and Vulkan on desktop, web or mobile platforms.
This role requires working directly with our graphics artists, proactively developing visualization frameworks and solutions especially concerning GIS rendering, and dynamically brainstorming and building proofs-of-concept and experimental tools. As such, both deep technical knowledge and strong communication skills are critical.
DUNGEONFOG is based in Vienna, Austria. Telework is possible and international applications are welcome.
- 2D/3D graphics development
- Entry-level experience with developing software in Rust
- Experience with Vulkan and/or WebGPU (wgpu-rs)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- A deep sense of collaboration using online tools
- Managing code versioning using git
- Experience with developing for the Web Assembly platform
- Experience with drawing vector graphics on the GPU
- Expert level experience with using the Rust programming language
- Experience with asynchronous programming and progressive rendering
- Strong background in linear algebra and/or color theory
- Experience with the Scrum methodology
- Experience shipping commercial software products
- Experience with tabletop roleplaying games and, or game-mastering or worldbuilding
- Written and verbal communication skills in German
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent experience. DUNGEONFOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. DUNGEONFOG will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Offered as: Employment (Austria / EU)* or contracted work (International)
*Non-EU citizens need to have a work- and residence permit according to EU and Austrian law. This position is subject to the Austrian collective agreement for employees in the field of services in automatic data processing and information technology. The monthly salary for the ordinary level is 3.485,-- € , for the experience level is 4.114,-- € and will be paid 14 times p.a., according to the IT collective agreement 2019. A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills.