We are wishing you a magical and blissful holiday!
Have a merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!
What time is better for crafting new maps than the peaceful time between Christmas and New Year's Eve?
And to do so we are bringing you a giant bag of Christmas gifts:
- New achievement: Log in between December 20th and January 6th and claim your Elder Brain!
- New monthly prop pack Churches & Cathedrals! We have added our December prop pack for churches and cathedrals.
- Our first Community Prop-Pack will be released on December 28th with over 50 new props that you requested over the past months - and all of them will be unlocked for FREE USERS as well!
- New improved export & more. With our recent update, we have added an improved export that makes exporting big maps a lot more stable than before. We have also addressed many other issues that were reported by you.
- Get your special Christmas 10% discount on all annual subscriptions with the promo code XMAS18 (valid until January 6th 2019)
The recent update contains the following features and bugfixes:
We have improved our export to be more stable and handle bigger maps. We also added a progress bar to visualize the rendering process.
We have reworked our stage rendering to be more stable and handle bigger maps. The maps are now tiled in "render zones" that only get rendered when close to the field of view. This may come with a slower scrolling/updating cycle but will handle bigger maps a lot better.
Improved Memory Handling:
Chrome is very hungry when it comes to RAM. With our new rendering and exporting we can now "unload" invisible areas and thus were able to reduce the memory usage drastically. On a siden ote: Firefox is now not the preferred browser anymore. With this update we noticed that Chrome works better when exporting, but try for yourself and see what works better for you.
We introduced a new saving state (save icon):
If your map can't be saved to the server (due to network connectivity or an error in the map object) you get a red blinking triangle. To resolve this, please check if you are still connected to the internet, make sure your session hasn't run out or in the worst case: revert to an older history of your map.
As always, make sure that you clear your cache and refresh your browser to make sure that all the changes are working for you!
For detailed patch notes, please visit our forum