With all the Project DEIOS stuff going on I am even later on releasing our roadmap than the year before! So without any further ado, let's start with a little review first and then give you an outlook of what’s coming in 2020.
Let’s put Project DEIOS aside for a minute. Although it is going to be a major influence for our Roadmap 2020, in this part of the review I want to focus on the business development of DGNFOG in the past year.
We can look back on a very successful year, where every aspect of growth has exceeded our expectations so far:
- We have grown from 17,348 accounts in January 2019 to over 95,000 accounts in January 2020.
- There have been over 100,000 new maps created in the past year and we now have a total of 168,686 maps in our databases.
- Our public library has grown to a size of 1,730 shared maps.
- Our asset library now contains more than 3,000 assets across 6 different settings.
We are more than proud of this development and we are looking forward to see how DUNGEONFOG grows in 2020!
OUTLOOK - So what’s up for 2020?
Now that that Project DEIOS is part of our development schedule for 2020, we have added it to the roadmap and I think it is important to point out that it also affects our velocity when it comes to developing new DGNFOG features.
And although we try to make sure that those tasks stay separated and receive an equal amount of attention - there are many crossovers, where tasks from one tool can influence the development of the other.
This can be a positive or negative influence:
- We develop new features that we can utilize for the development of the other.
- A task from one system takes more time and blocks the development of the other.
Especially later down the road, when we start to implement our battlemap features into the DEIOS application, we will need to make sure that we don’t waste resources on redundant development.
This obviously makes detailed planning very hard, so please understand the following roadmap more like a commitment to things that we want to achieve and less a detailed time table for upcoming releases.